Clay Load Out Contractor Communication Policy
April 14, 2017
Sylvania Minerals, LLC
Re: Clay Load Out Contractor Communication Policy
Training and Administration
- Provide MSHA Contractor ID: Site Manager must be designated.
- Miner’s Representative must be designated if applicable.
- Part 46 Training Plan required. Plan provided to Sylvania Minerals, LLC Plant Manager for review.
- 5000-23 Forms for all employees. Copies provided to Sylvania Minerals, LLC Plant Manager.
- Review minimum PPE for all on-site personnel. PPE standards reviewed with Clay Load Out Contractor by Plant Manager.
- Emergency Contact List provided to Plant Manager.
- Review immediate notification for injury or property damage; orientation and reviewed by Plant Manager.
- Daily Workplace Examination List. Mandatory requirement available for inspection.
- Weekly Safety Meetings – required and documentation provided by the Plant Manager.
- Part 47, Written HAZCOM Plan.
- MSDS Book for all regulated materials.
- Task Training for all employees.
- Fire Extinguishers.
- Sign – In and Sign – Out Book. Maintained by Clay Load Out Contractor.
- Site Specific Hazard Training.
- HAZCOM Spill Kits must be on-site.
- No Firearms, alcohol or controlled substances on property.
- Blasting – Separate training session to review blasting procedures.
- All electrical equipment and power tools brought to the job site must be ground tested and recorded.
- Stripping Contractor to provide written procedure for removal of stuck equipment. All equipment and materials must comply with 30 CFR Part 56/57.
- All mobile equipment must be equipped with white noise back up alarms.
- Vendor list must be provided to Sylvania Minerals site management.
- Vendors may not be on site unattended.
- Vendors must sign in and out with Sylvania Minerals Main Office and receive authorization to enter property.
- Vendors must comply with all PPE requirements.
- Employee Parking Area – We will have to develop an area for employee vehicles.
- This area must be specifically identified with physical markers. (Safe Area)
- All trucks must tarp at the designated truck tarp area. All trucks must tarped prior to the scale. Drivers may not exit vehicles past scale area.
- Assuming the contractor will have trailer or portable building; the building must comply with all health and safety standards. Designated Safe Area.
- Wheel chocking must be accomplished by a physical berm or mechanical means for unattended vehicles.
- Clay Load Out Contractor to prepare designated parking area to accommodate all equipment.
- Clay Load Out Contractor is responsible for site sanitation, which includes covered containers (metal) and disposal of environmentally controlled items.
- Portable toilets are the responsibility of the Clay Load Out Contractor and must be maintained in a sanitary and acceptable standard.
- Equipment services to be conducted in the equipment staging area. (Breakdown not included)
- Storage building for on-site consumables must comply with MSHA safety and health standards.
Roads and Travel ways
- Signage for direction.
- Stop and Yield where appropriate.
- Berms that meet the minimum standard are not acceptable. Berms must be functional.
- Operators/drivers cannot exit equipment while being loaded or at any dump site location.
- Operators/drivers cannot end dump over the edge. All material must be pushed.
- Clay Load Out Contractor must control roadway fugitive dust emissions at all times. Contractor may employee the use of a dust control agent (chloride) or utilize a water truck. Clay Load Out Contractor must stop operations if fugitive dust emissions cannot be controlled.
- Clay Load Out Contractor is responsible to clean all roadway track out associated with the clay hauling operation. Roadway track out is generally cleaned by contract sweeper truck.
- All petroleum products will be stored in appropriate containment. Fuels and oils must be stored in approved double wall containers.
- Spill kits will be maintained on-site.
- Sufficient controls will be used to reduce fugitive emissions on roadways and during loading of materials. Responsibility of the contractor.
- No Hazardous Materials will be delivered or utilized on site without prior approval by Sylvania Minerals, LLC.
- Solid waste shall be kept in appropriate containers i.e.: dumpster.